Sunday, January 01, 2006

MCT-DXB Rally

This past Thursday, the 29th of December was one hell of a nightmare. I woke up from a fresh n natural alarm, (moms' screaming). Right after lunch, I find myself trapped in between 2 different speakers. Sounded more like a Dolby Surround System. Mom's screaming at the maid for some trivial thing that happened, and dad's screaming at something that's happened recently. I got used to the screaming and shouting at our place. There wasn't much that I can do at that moment. All of a sudden, I just felt like leaving the house..hmm..the neighborhood.. the city.. the WHOLE COUNTRY.. that day was really bad..I had to do something to make them understand that there are human beings living. It was 2pm, if I can make it before the sun sets, it'll be great. So I called up one of my cousins, Mr.T (or T). Without any hesitation, I received a YES IM DOWN FOR IT!

3:30, we hit the road to dubai! I didn't tell my folks that I was going there. I had packed my "sports" stuff, so that they would think that I'm going to the gym and would be returning within a few hours.. Anywhoos, half way thru, he's like "hey ali, I think we should go to al3ain, and return at night around 2 or 3 because I didn't tell my parents" etc etc etc.. I's like ok sure.. So we reached the amazing Sohar Roundabout, and from there we had a last chance to decide if we should continue straight to dubai, or divert to al3ain. I was flexible with anything, as long as we leave the country. He insisted on going to al3ain. So I diverted to al3ain. The road from sohar to buraimi is pretty shitty. 1 lane, no lights, in between 2 wadis. Soooo, let's say you lose control, you immediately lose your life. Oh and let's not forget, most of the drivers are jolly 17-18 yr olds, so you'll be getting some wonderful stunts while driving. :)

7pm...arrived at al3ain..cruised around at the famous mall, al3ain mall. The city is much smaller than muscat, but the traffic is as busy as muscat, which is not bad. The mall was OK, bigger than the ones we got here, and has most of the international famous retail store outlets and brands. I craved for some Burger King and off I went to order my fave Double Whopper Meal! Damnnnn I miss BK!!! :D
8pm.. Mr. T's like "Hey ali, al3ain is boring dude, let's head to dubai and come back tmr"! I got soo fukkin' excited!! We hit the road then.. took us around 1 hour to reach there (not bad)..
I still didnt tell my folks about anything. My mom called and was wondering where I was because apparently I was the designated driver without payment at that day, so I told her everything. She didn't say anything. My adrenaline is starting to pump up real fast. More like an adrenaline overdose. !!
9:15pm, reached T's apartment.. took a shower n what not, n off we went to do some club hopping..we used cabs as the means of transportation because you know dubai's traffic.. and on a thursday night.. just can't handle it!
Clubs that we went to :
--Boudoir (owned by Al Zawawi) --> really nice medieval style environment, with dance music. Couples only but the bouncer pencilled us in. ;)
--Mina Alsalam club --> Kinda like a house party because everything is legal there.
--Amnesia (next to the hardrock) --> Different music (arabic, dance, hip hop), very high standard. around 10 rial entrance fee. However, it's full of prostitutes. ugh!

All 3 clubs were amazing. I really recommend you go there at least once.

Soo yea we didnt get hooked up well, but we had fun. We reached the apt at 4 am n hit the bed.



Dec.30
Woke up at 11, went cruising for a bit, ate lunch and came back to Oman
arrived at muscat--> 7:30 pm.
What a ta9neeefa!!!!

All in all, it's a memorable trip! Parallels with the Dakar Rally because you don't really know where you're going! I should've stayed an extra day to celebrate New Year's but I was slightly dumb to come back. Oh well! Next year inshallah!!

I brought my cam with me but I was too occupied n busy to take pics.. Sorrryyy :D However I have one "souvenir" to share with y'all:





Wadi Al jizi Vehicle Exit Fee Reciept!
Dec 29 2005


What a ta9neefa! What a journey!! :D BESTT!






Peace!!

2 comments:

Arabian Prince said...

Hahaha! That's down right crazy, and I applaud you on that! Seemed like great fun.. oh and

Happy New Year! :)

Anonymous said...

UAE 4 LIFEEEEEE :)