Friday, December 23, 2005

What a weekend!

I had to do some changes and adjustments this weekend. First of all I had to change my "hanging around" crew or gang whichever you want to call them. So this wednesday a couple of friends from work decided to have a get to gether again. I agreed on going. This time, its more of a chill kick back chillax type of environment. Location is the most important thing to me, so I handled that. How many were we.. 5 people from work, and 3 outsiders. So 8 total! 1 left after he sat for 10 mins..So 7 people .Yep, all guys! No girls hehe.. ANYWHOOOS!!!
So we met at the bar, had a couple of drinks, and 4 of us got wasted.. What a shame .. (WRONG STORY :P)
just kiddin'
We met up at the most popular coffee shop in town, known as the kargeen. I'm starting to hate it as much as I hate freaks because of the crappy service that they offer. It took them 20 mins to get some charcoal. I can light up my ass and put the whole place on fire in 20 mins. sheesh!
Among the 8, 4 were having sheesha, while the rest were trying to avoid it by fighting for political control over who can sit in the corner in order to run away from the smell. We orded some food n drinks, the usual stuff too.
Everyone started to show off some of the new technology that they have..by switching on their BLUETOOTH. Just imagine the scene right here. 7 people sitting in a circle, each one of them has his cell phone on. I didn't like the sawalif that was going on, simply cuz we sounded like desperate 16 year olds, but I had to go with the flow. The person who was sitting next to me on my right.. no names mentioned, was the one who was keeping me busy with what's happening. Other than that, the rest had their eyes on their cell phones, or booties.. I don't blame them, but at least, they should just take it easy u know.
ugh..

After we left, that same person next to me needed a ride home, so I dropped him. I drove back home as slowly as I could. It took me 20 mins from qurum to shatti. I just felt like driving like im on top of an egg (translate that literally). Didn't call the night girl :P .. Didn't feel like it! (YEA RIGHT).. I just switched off the cellie anyhows, and hit the bed.
End of Wednesday


Thursday was more of an adventure. I woke up at 9, went to the bank so that I transfer some money to my US bank account. I still didn't pay my credit card debt! The bank has been emailing and calling my friend over there so much, that they decided to file me to court! OUCH! hehe.. One piece of advice to those who are studying abroad: DO NOT get a credit card whatsoever, even if the bank is willing to pay u! It's a real pain! I enjoyed parking my car at the "paid parking area" because I got to use the very new and convenient parking payment, thru sms (slow message speed).
So that was handled properly.
One of my relatives decided to go out for a coffee.. I didnt mind that. Long time no morning coffee. So we starbucked for an hour or so, and each one of us headed back home.. I still had to change my hanging around crew. The evening approached, was kinda BLEAK and repetitive.. dinner, maqha, and the usual, I have to tune in to the Oman English FM at 9 to listen to the stand up comedy show with that DJ. Faisal is his name I believe. That show has the highest number of prank calls ever in 1 night. I lost track on the number of pranks that were made! But that's not the reason why I tune in. The main reason is because of this cryptic "omani daakhel" type of person named mohammed sale7. I know the person very well. He's really nice n friendly, but the only problem in him is his accent, and he admits that! You should listen to the radio more often every thursdays and fridays from 9pm until they close (they should operate 24 hours, we're in 2006 now -- almost). I sound so boring! lol!!

So at 12 midnite sharp, he (mohd) received a call from a weird number, and picked up. I was with him at that time. It was the DJ from the radio station!! He wanted to invite Moh'd to the show. We both were speechless. Even more, he insisted on meeting up with him at that moment!! In the middle of the night! Poor Moh'd, he didn't have anything better to do except to meet up with him. I was his bodyguard in case he got raped. Meeting location: Qurum Natural Park. (Where murders and rapes originate). Now we both got suspicious. WHY this location in particular.. but who cares anyways. The probability of me getting killed was much higher because I'll be standing right next to that DJ (if it was really him)!!! So.... he parked the car RIGHT next to the street in case anything happens. Hehehehe
Along came the so called DJ, n we introduced ourselves.. DJ was like "you've been calling up my show EVERY week since august, and after your call, everyone is asking about you.. you have a special taste in the show, i'll have to bring you to the studio one day"
Moh'd got all jolly and excited, and got a wonderful Vitamin W (participating at the radio station, which was one of his dreams). I'm really happy for him, n I really support him even with his messy accent!.. ALL HAIL FOR MOHD!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! Please support him!

End of Thursday



Friday: Today, woke up to write this blog. 12:30pm. Mom n sisters are coming from dubai...they just crossed the border.. Ugh! 2 hours to go. God help me!

Soo... I'll hook y'all up with more updates soon. Hope you enjoyed this fanciful tale, farfetched story.

Peace V!

2 comments:

Kamakazy said...

lovely, cant wait... ;)

Anonymous said...

yaaay!!! finally someone hates kargeen with me :D and ironically we're cousins, and kargeen is a family business... hmmm ....

lets form BASK (Ba7arna And Shee3a against Kargeen = hey its the best i can do ok! lol)..

well anyways nice blog u have here :p i could never get the hang of it, lol!