Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Trying to be nice!

Driving is a privilege. It is an assett to your daily skills. Buying your own car, or rather, having your own car (whether it's owned by yourself or by your parents), is also a privelage. I have to admit, it's far too exciting. I used to be one of those crazy ass drivers, but not anymore. Oh well, let me just go to the butter of the subject (zibdat el mawthoo3). Apparently, I'm a designated driver without payment recently. I can't enjoy my lunch hour every other day. My colleage has also volunteered to join the hell that I'm living in, and I really thank him for that. It's not that I'm cheap or anything, no, it's just that I don't have the ultimate freedom to move around wherever I want, whenever I want. I now feel how the drivers feel when the owners just tell them to get a can of pepsi (just 1 can of pepsi) at 3 in the afternoon. Or to drop someone at 6 am or to be familiar with a certain neighborhood at 11 pm or whatever it is. It's always a WRONG timing. BAD timing! You have to cancel all your other commitments and priorities and just deal with the current situation to keep your positive image of being helpful. Although it won't give u the path to get a promotion, it just keeps your image positive. It's been nearly 10 days working as a designated driver without payment, and within a few days, I'll just have to let some people get screwed. No need to mention names or anything. It's just getting in my nerves.

"Ali, can you please drop me to the nearest taxi stop and I'll take a taxi from there"... THATS SIMPLY MEANS ALI CAN YOU PLEASE DROP ME!!! There are taxis everwhere, you'll even find one cruising at the sand dunes! If you were in China or Ghana, and just wave your arms at a cab he'll stop for you. It's universal! What's so hard about it?

Another daily example is, when the weekend comes, random people come up to you and start asking you about what's happening and what are your plans and that sort of stuff. When do they ask you? Wednesday or Thursday night, and simply tell you "oh why not come join us" or "OK we should do something this weekend". Helloo? The weekend ended! It's already thursday night. Why didn't you tell me before. That simply means "THERE ARE NO PEOPLE COMING SO WHY DONT YOU JOIN".
I am starting to write things that I don't understand hehehe.. This article isn't meant to offend anyone, it's just what I view things. And I don't read people's minds its just a thot.

Now after stating this problem, there has to be a solution to it. The only solution is simply to .......................... that's right. Be direct!
Mujamalat are no good anymore.

Peace ! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

driver's license? lol.. if u have it, u can drive all the way till the end of no where and the hell with everyone else! :D