Sunday, December 18, 2005

BBQ at Ghubra-Athaiba Beach

I still don't know where we had our bbq get together. Ghubra? Athaiba? Ghuthaiba!
Anywhos,
So a couple of peeps from the company decided to have a bbq at the beach. They waited until last nite so that they could enjoy the light of the full moon (and with that light you can clearly see whether the bbq is cooked or not)!

First was the location. It took 3 days to decide until there was a compromise and an agreement by all parties that it will be held at Athaiba beach (ill be using athaiba for my own convenience). So we all had a meeting together to confirm whether everyone was commited or not. As usual, people try to give excuses the last minute even though they have been informed 9 months ahead about a particular plan. But still, we were going to have this bbq anyhows! I believe 10 people were supposed to go. 1 person had an excuse beyond his control. So we're left with 9. 1 hour before the occasion started, another person couldn't come because again,it was beyond his control. While the fire started, I got a call from a third person telling me that he wont be showin up, whether it was beyond his control or not was questionable. (it was cuz he's stuck in traffic in Amerat).

So each and every one of us took a bbq stick full of meat and just slammed it at the stand. Damn that smell, and the sound..It's so amazing. The problem is, that Omanis are never patient! We just put the bbq in the fire, and 15 mins later, everyone's like.."let's eat"! If you wanna eat right, you gotta be patient! Its just like fast food.. easy come, easy go! ugh!! dont want to remember that. I had to share the celebration by eating the first round of half cooked meat. Second round was the same process. I didn't eat at the second round. Just waited for the final round.
I created my own style, well not my own style, but like, just went and handled the bbq while the others were chewing the half cooked meat (which was ok, but could've been better!). 30 mins later, everyone started to gather around the bbq stand.. and I then realized that hunger had striked their bellies. So, within an instant flash, we finished the last round of bbq!

Clean up time was smooth. I drove back home, the car smelled like kerosene (which was dripping for some reason. Just freaked out a little bit and threw the lighter outta the car.. n thasss it :D
pix n vids will be posted soon...soo stay tuned!
Special thanks goes to : Mohammed, Yousef, Kamakazy, Nabil, and Sami
and to the ppl who supported.

Peace out y'all. Pix n vids will be submitted soon. If I don't forget!

1 comment:

Kamakazy said...

Thanks Ali for all that you did to make this a success... I had a good time and i am sure the others did as well...

As for the BBQ, I didnt notice that it was half cooked, well, I like my steak medium to rare anyway...

You forgot to mention how cold it was... I was freezing my behind off... and it was only 20 degrees...

I was in the beach mood, thats why I came with shorts and a shirt... I should have brough some of my Jabal Shams gear... nah...